- Collecting information about you
SeniorsCircle.ca collects information for its directory listings from publicly available sources and from businesses themselves. SeniorsCircle.ca will not otherwise collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent. When you submit information on our website, we ask for you to provide an email address and collect your Internet Protocol number which indicates the server through which you are accessing the internet. We collect this information in order to verify any details which you provide to us.
- Using and disclosing your personal information
Our purpose in collecting information about you or your business is to provide you with profile and with customer contacts through listing this information in a directory. By submitting information to our website you agree for this information to be listed in the directory on our website.
- When we will contact you?
We may from time to time contact you at the email or other addresses which you provide to us in order to:
- Provide you with updated information about our website
- Provide you with other information about our products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are receiving promotional information about SeniorsCircle.ca and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may contact us and ask to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 2 weeks for this request to be processed.
- You can access the information we keep about you
- Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change a listing that is inaccurate or out of date, then:
- If you have your email and password you can login and change your information.
- Storage and security of your personal information
SeniorsCircle.ca will do best to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
- SeniorsCircle.ca and links to other websites
SeniorsCircle.ca provides links to websites outside of the SeniorsCircle.ca service. These linked sites are not under the control of SeniorsCircle.ca Ltd., and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website.
- What to do if you have a problem or question
- Future changes
Collection. Information posted on SeniorsCircle.ca is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in Canada. We collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from SeniorsCircle.ca and ad data (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
Use. We use users’ personal information to:
- provide our services
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- customize users’ experience, measure interest in our services, , improve our services and inform users about services and updates;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to you according to your preferences;
- do other things for users as described when we collect the information.
Disclosure. We don’t sell or rent users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users explicit consent. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. We may also share personal information with:
- corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services. (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who ask them to).
- service providers who help with our business operations.
Security. We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing’s perfect, so we make no guarantees.
Cookies. We or our service providers may use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services. For more information on your choices about accepting cookies, consult your browser help function.